Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ouch Ouch Ouch

I almost died this week. Ok, so thats dramatic but I had a miserable tooth week. I've come up with some descriptive terms for the events of this past week. Here is my long, drawn out, story...

I woke up last Wednesday with a mild multiple toothache, across the top right side of my mouth. I didn't think too much of it since I tend to clench my teeth in my sleep. However; over the course of the following few days the toothache turned to PAIN. Not just pain as in carry-on-with-your-day pain, but a constant pounding ache as well as shooting pain through all of those teeth, my nose, cheek and right eye. The teeth at the front of my mouth felt like there were knives sticking into my gums. This leads me to my descriptions of this pain experience. Here are a few, beginning with :It feels like...

1. someone is taking a sledge hammer to my face.
2. my face is on fire.
3. I was hit by a Mack truck.

and my personal favourite:

4. I'm birthing a baby through my gums (or nose on some occaisions).

All of these are kind descriptions of the pain I felt. After seeing two separate dentists on the weekend, who generously dug out my root canals, and an endodonist today who dug some more, re-did the root canals and sliced open my gums (to drain the GREEN infection out), I feel a bit better. The whole slicing of the gums was an entirely different story, you know-the kind in which you are shaking like a dog with fleas and gripping the arm rests like you you might go flying out the 11th story window. While I've LOVED my $2400 worth of x-rays (7) and medications (6) and needles (somewhere around 20) I'm hoping the tooth fairy lets me rest now.

Oh, and today is Halloween. With my gums sliced open we attended a baby Halloween party. Fun times and great pics. I was not about to miss my baby's first Halloween, even if I tasted metal in my mouth the entire time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is crazy and sucks so bad! I really like the "birthing through the gums" line. THAT must hurt!

November 1, 2007 at 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awful for you. I am shuddering just reading your descriptions. Get better soon okay?

November 1, 2007 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home