Friday, March 28, 2008


He has a molar coming in, specifically the bottom left one-as can be demonstrated by the PERMANENT indentation left on my index finger this afternoon. He bit me so freakin' hard I almost hit him. Now, you don't need to report me to Children's Services because I didn't. It was an instinctual thing that almost crept out. Thankfully I had a sane moment and instead barked at him to stop, while I GENTLY pushed my finger towards his mouth (or further in, as learned in Non-violent Crisis Intervention, thankfully that came in handy). It still hurts.

Over the course of today he also managed to hit me several times (in the head), scratch multiple parts of my body and pull my hair about 8-10 times. It was NOT a happy day for momma. Momma had to leave him in the room with the door shut to ensure that no bodily harm was done to her child.

I gave him Tylenol and several things to chew on (besides me). Nothing worked. When he was not in battle mode he freaked out if I left him for a MOMENT. I'm talking like getting up to answer the phone causing a full scale meltdown. I had to sit on the floor all day with him, while he crawled on and off me, whining the whole time. This persisted for about 10 hours, until I joyously put him to bed a half hour early. Now I am sitting here, looking like I was electrocuted because my should see my freakin' hair.

So based on the above listed items I am now seeking a babysitter. If you can manage not to beat him I'll take ya.


Blogger HRH said...

I have totally had those days x 3 boys. Hang in there. Tylenol is a very good thing in such a situation...and maybe something for you too...

March 28, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger hollystar said...

yea, something for you. like a stiff drink and a "mommy's not listening" sign.

oh, and if you find that babysitter, send her my way too. tyler is attatched to my freaking side these days. litterally. maybe we can work some kind of cross country two for one deal with the sitter....

March 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Oh no! I remember those days...not much fun.

Two things that always seemed to help Julia: giving her a damp wash cloth I had stuck in the freezer (she'd chew the heck out of it and it really seemed to help) and frozen grapes in a mesh feeder.

I hope it gets better. Try to keep your head out of the oven.

March 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

ugh - Molars suck...we are going thru the 2nd year ones right now.

I agree with the cold washcloth. That worked here too.

Good's tough.

March 29, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home