Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What's your type?


Have you ever done a Myers-Briggs personality test? It's generally the standard for in depth personality testing. I did one back in university and can't remember what my profile said. I did another one a few years ago at work, through a team building exercise and just re-did one last week. I was convinced that it would change since I am now a mom, but nope.


Here is my shortened profile and your welcome to tell me if you think it's me, as you know me. I'll tell you what is accurate below (you know-because I am completely unbiased). Oh and here I am, looking SO impressed and SO tired.


Portrait of an ISTJ- The Duty Fulfiller
ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.


ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.


The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves. The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted.


The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.


ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. ISTJs usually have a great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation. Their homes are likely to be tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained. They are acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, order, and beauty.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.



Can you believe that is the "short" version? It is mostly accurate for me, with the exception of a few things. I am actually overly sensitive about other people's feelings. I don't say things that I would natually be inclined to say to avoid upsetting someone. I also don't have THAT much trouble expressing my feelings, mostly to Tyler. He LOVES hearing about my feelings. Really, ask him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Very interesting. I'll have to do one for myself. Cute new picture!
I'm sure your husband loves hearing about feelings as much as mine does! lol!

March 4, 2008 at 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so correct.....

Dad

March 5, 2008 at 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the test too, an online version just for kicks and you'll never guess... I am an ISTJ too. Too funny!

March 13, 2008 at 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've taken that test before...in college and at work, but it has been so long, I couldn't even tell you my results! Isn't it amazing how revealing stuff like that can be?

March 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home