Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Don't you just hate when...

Your name is constantly mis-pronounced. It's not exactly accurate that my name is mis-pronounced since it is spelled like "Christian", the boys name, or the religiously identified individual. My parents, THANK YOU SO MUCH, decided to make it interesting. My mom was busy bucking my paternal grandmother's request to name me Christina, which was apparently some family tradition-although I don't know any predecessors named Christina. So they named me Shantelle (yeah, they spelled it that way) Kristian (pronounced Kristen/Kristin). I have another middle name but it's spelled normally and it's not exciting (sorry grandma!) and that's too much info for my blog anyway. So I guess this is my long drawn out request for you to ignore the "a" in my name. Pretend not to see it. That's what my boss does, she refuses to use the "a" when she emails me or puts me on any form of list., and yep she does know how to spell it. It's actually quite funny, just call me Kristin- cause you prefer it.

5 Comments:

Blogger holly* said...

i have the world's most boring name. first middle and last name are a grand total of 13 letters. i apparently cannot pronounce holly correctly though because every single time i give my name for something people write it as "molly" or "polly" or "olly". whatever. it vauguely sounds right...

April 2, 2008 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Does spelling it wrong count?

Kristi
NOT kristie, kristy, christie etc etc.

And same as Hollystar, apparently I say my name "Kristine" b/c that's what everyone writes down.

April 2, 2008 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger KiS said...

ha ha kristi, i get kristi a lot, and i'm always like, uhh you can remove one letter but leave the last one please. tyler calls me kris and everyone associated with him does too, as well as most co-workers. it seems that removing the "a" in pronunciation is far too difficult.

i promise to call you both KRISTI and HOLLY and not a variation of either, unless you want me to remove a letter, let me know!

April 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger holly* said...

actually most of my "close" friends call me "HOL". lazy bastards!

April 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Leslie and I get "Lisa" or "Lindsey" all the time. I'm like, "Really?" There's nothing too odd or exotic about Leslie. Although, in college I had a neighbor who was from Australia who very much enjoyed telling me, "We can lesbians 'Leslies' down under."

Cool.

April 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home