Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's wedding season!

So every summer someone complains to me about how many weddings they have to attend. And every summer I think-I would gladly take your place. I LOVE weddings. LOVE THEM. I'm a sucker for weddings.

This summer it's MY turn. Yay! Except two weddings on one day, 1200kms apart, so I had to choose. I choose the one here, mostly because it's proximal and I would of had to bring Cade with me to the other one. Although I'm sad to miss that one, I've known the bride her whole life. She is like my long lost sister:(

That said, the one I am really looking forward to is completely out of the ordinary for my caucasian ass. I'm going to an Indian wedding. Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Indian food. Woooo hoooo! I think I was Indian in a past life.

My co-worker gave all of us invites and my date is one of my great friends, who I happen to work with. Hey Michelle! We get a full mommy day, PLUS we're wearing saris/sarees. I know you must think this is a humerous image, a bunch of whities in saris but seriously, another work friend is going and she is helping 3 of us navigate through the purchases and customs. I'm super excited about wearing my beautiful new sari, it's a deep blue with metallic trim (silver, bronze and gold). Her mom brought it back from India and I bought it off her for only $80. Sweet huh?

I'll be sure to post pics afterward. But the wedding is over the August long weekend so you'll have to be patient.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, be sure to post pictures!!

June 8, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home